The Witless Clunkery of a Third-Rate Mind

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Skype

Hey, sorry I haven't written in a while, but you know me... I'm a procrastinator and I don't keep track of time very well.

Also, nothing really new to report. It continues to get hotter. I feel like a wrung-out dishtowel by mid afternoon.

I haven't found a new job yet, so in all likelihood I will be back in Canada for August and then come back here in September for another few months. It's not so much that there aren't any jobs, just that I seem to be afraid of committing to any of them. Westgate (my current employers) are just so easy to work for; they provide the housing, the commuter passes, the transportation, the baggage pick-up. It's such a no-brainer that I have lost the capacity to do these things on my own and so consequently I feel kind of afraid to move off in a new direction, perhaps.

The only news I have is about this thing called "Skype" which is an internet phone thing. You get a pair of headphones and a microphone, and then you pay a small fee, and you can call to regular telephones around the world for just pennies a minute. I will try this out next week, maybe. It will be a whole lot cheaper than calling from my cell phone and vice versa.

Talk to you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home