The Witless Clunkery of a Third-Rate Mind

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaack

Hey everybody. I survived the 13 hour flight to Tokyo (barely - is it possible to die from terminal ass numbness?) and actually managed to get a little bit of sleep during the flight. This was both good and bad: a couple times I woke up and had no idea where I was; I suddenly realized I was on a plane and almost yelled out loud. And I got moved into my place last night. The new apartment is almost identical to the one before, but in a slightly livelier part of town and perhaps a tiny bit closer to the station. My neighbours are a married couple from Manitoba who seem really, really nice. They are retired and are teaching in Japan for the fun of it, which should give you some idea of how stressful this job is.

It's warm and humid here, but not as bad as it could be. I'm very happy and excited to be back; it really feels like I never left... I got back on the train at the airport and had this feeling like I've been riding trains forever.

Nothing much to report. The address I gave in my last post is the correct one, so I will be expecting the flow of presents and gifts to start any time now. If I saw you in Canada, I just want to say it was good to see you. If I didn't, it's because I am lazy and disorganized, and I hope to be able to see you soon. Stay in touch, and I'll try to keep this thing updated as frequently as is reasonable.

1 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Zambo said...

Hello.

I too was just passing by! But I have nothing to advertise at the moment.

Glad to hear that you're getting back into the swing of it.

Today is officially the first day of autumn here. Soon we'll be up to our...uh...knees...in snow.

Best of luck.

Talk to you soon.

Your Pal,

Zambo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home